PHIMC is seeking applications from organizations interested in partnering with our AmeriCorps program, National Health Corps Chicago (NHC Chicago).
About NHC Chicago
NHC Chicago, an operating site of National Health Corps, is a program of PHIMC. NHC Chicago places members in local organizations to provide service by connecting those who need it most with health and wellness education, benefits, and services.
Service activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Patient outreach and enrollment into health insurance and other benefit programs
- Linkage to screening, testing, and/or health care services
- Group and/or one-on-one health education for adults and youth
- Case management and patient navigation services
NHC Chicago Host Site Partnership Opportunities
NHC Chicago partners with host organizations that align with NHC Chicago’s mission, have capacity to support a member, and commit to providing a meaningful service experience. Organizations that serve as host sites make a cash contribution per member that is applied toward the program’s operating budget.
For the 2018-19 program year, PHIMC is particularly interested in partnering with organizations that can provide service activities focused on reducing and/or preventing drug and opioid abuse.
Benefits of Hosting NHC Chicago AmeriCorps Members
- Placement of a full-time member for the service term of 46 weeks, increasing organizational capacity to address critical needs
- Support for host site supervisors from NHC Chicago staff, including orientation, quarterly meetings, and ongoing technical assistance
- Networking opportunities with other host sites and collaborations between NHC Chicago members
- Support for member training and development from NHC Chicago program staff
If you are interested in becoming an NHC Chicago Host Site, please complete this survey to convey your intent to apply: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hostsiteapply.
Application Instructions: Applications are due by 5:00pm on Thursday, February 1, 2018. Application materials include a MS Word version of the Host Site Application Form and an MS Word version of the Service Position Description Template. All materials must be received via email by the closing date and time to be considered. Electronic signatures and PDF versions of the Service Position Description Template are not accepted. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If needed, signature pages ONLY can be faxed to 312-629-5251, Attn: Caitlin Stack.
If you have any questions or require any technical assistance while completing the NHC Host Site Application, please contact NHC Chicago Program Director, Caitlin Stack, via email at email@example.com or phone at 312-629-2988 ext. 118.